Community and Brand Executive, Singapore
Job Title: Community and Brand Executive
Salary: On Request
In just over 3 years, Whalar has grown from a founding team of 5 in London to now having a team of 60+ incredible people across London, New York, Austin, Los Angeles and now … Singapore!
We’ve established ourselves as one of the top thought leaders in the influencer marketing space - known for our high-quality, creative branded work. Whalar does not crowdsource creativity nor does it produce distasteful product endorsements. Whalar is all about commissioned, thoughtful and creative influencer collaborations.
We’ve built up a client base of more than 200 global brands, have run campaigns across 68 different countries and have an impressive investor base, made up of 37 industry veterans.
Our next chapter in the journey includes the expansion of our Singapore team and we’re looking for a rockstar Brand and Community Executive to work alongside our Brand Strategy and Solutions team, to curate our community of creatives across Asia, and flawlessly deliver brand campaigns for world leading clients.
The right candidate will:
• Be curious in nature, have their finger on the pulse and thrive in an environment where collaboration and agility and valued more than titles, rigid structure and legacy ways of working
• Appreciate and understand the value of great creativity; bonus points for a demonstrable creative/visual eye
• Be degree level educated
• No less than 1 year of client facing experience
• Have an entrepreneurial mindset with a can-do attitude
• Possess the ability to work independently, pro-actively seek assignments, prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in Google Apps, Word, Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote.
• Be an avid user of social media, particularly Instagram
The main responsibilities and tasks will be:
Growing, curating and owning our creative community across Asia; tapping into niche subcultures across the region to source creators from every vertical, to work with every brand - and engaging them in the Whalar community.
End-to-end management of campaigns, working into a Client Manager:
• Sourcing and engagement of influencers for campaigns according to the specific brief
• Influencer briefing and management
• Management of clients, timings and overall delivery
• Being the gatekeeper of all content that comes through, ensuring it’s on brief and of high quality
• Preparation of campaign performance reports and case studies
• Inputting into proposals for potential new business (particularly influencer suggestions and moodboard)
• Inputting with industry insights and learnings from similar clients
• An inherent and demonstrable interest in the advertising industry, with a desire to keep up to date with news and trends and proliferate these to the wider team on a regular basis
• General tasks as required
Truthfully, we can’t say with 100% certainty what every aspect of the job will be, but the ideal candidate is someone who will come with a wealth of experience and be excited by the opportunity to bring that to help create and shape what Whalar can become in APAC, as well as helping shape the future path of Whalar in general.
Whalar were founded just 3 years ago and have grown from an initial 10 people to 70 people globally and seen revenue grow by 3x.
Those 70 people have worked with over 200 brands, leveraging nearly 5,000 creators and last year alone and built and delivered over 10,000 pieces of content.
Whalar work with some of the world’s leading and most demanding brand advertisers including HP, Unilever, P&G, Apple, Dior, Nike, Ralph Lauren and many others.
Whalar have Sir John Hegarty as their Chairman and are a Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat official partner for influencer marketing.
Whalar stand for, and always will, authentic, fresh and inspiring content and are on mission to liberate the creative voice.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, send us an email with your covering letter and CV to email@example.com. No agencies please.
Banner content from @apphia____