Position filled - we are no longer accepting applications, thank you to all who applied.
(Don’t worry, this isn't going to be a thinly veiled rant about an entire generation.)
I'm seeking an Editorial Intern to help out with our online magazine, Studio, the weekly newsletter, social media, special but currently top secret projects, and just the everyday running of Whalar’s in-house content division.
Whalar helps to connect brands and creators in order to collaborate truly meaningful content for social media and beyond - you might have seen some of our work with brands such as Magnum, Sweaty Betty, or Guinness. We’re a partner of Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, and we are the leading influencer marketing platform in the space.
Studio started with very small, humble beginnings and has fast become an important voice in the industry. It has a growing loyal audience of brands, creators, advertisers and just those that are curious about this burgeoning industry. We’re on social every hour, publish articles everyday and send emails every week. But we want to do more.
We want to write more articles, interview more people, increase our social presence, and take this exciting little space to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
You will first and foremost be a great writer. You’ll also be well-read in current affairs within the creative industries and in general. You’ll be a natural on Instagram, Tumblr, Youtube, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. You’ll have a very good ‘eye’. You might have recently graduated, you might be looking to change careers, you might not be either. Take a look at the specifics below for more info.
Job Title: Editorial Intern
Work Location: Aldwych, London, UK
Salary: £19.5k p/a
Contract Length: 6 months
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write tight and timely original content.
- Help with social media activity.
- Preparing Studio by Whalar content for online publication.
- Supporting the Editor with publishing copy on studio.whalar.com
- Get involved with all editorial meetings and planning.
- Arrive every day with great ideas for stories, photographs, social, and features.
- Writing longform features.
- Record and analyse data from content and social.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A passion for the creative industries, advertising and culture.
- A creative mind.
- Knowledge of CMS is advantageous, as is experience with - Photoshop, Hootsuite, and Mailchimp.
- Experience writing original copy for an online or print publication is preferable, but not essential.
If this sounds something you might be interested in, just email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Editor, Studio by Whalar and Head of Content, Whalar
A note to recruiters: I will be recruiting this role personally, so please don’t get in touch this time. It may affect your chance of future business if you ignore this message (sorry!)