Job Title: Whalar – Account Executive – Fashion, Beauty & Home.
Work Location: Hudson Yards, New York, NY
Salary: Upon request
Whalar is an influencer platform on a mission to 'Liberate the Creative Voice'.
We're focused on providing a new model for producing high quality creative work and accessing engaged audiences - globally, in a fraction of the time and cost that it has traditionally taken.
Creative work is no longer coming from the advertising agency alone. It is coming from individual creative influencers who are at the cutting edge of digital platforms, producing creative at scale. It’s Whalar’s mission to give brands the power to authentically communicate with audiences globally. To help creatives quit their day job and follow their passions.
To ‘liberate the creative voice’.
We're the official partner for influencers across Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, and have advertising legend Sir John Hegarty as our Chairman. We work with brands like Estée Lauder, Ralph Lauren, Dior, Nike, Converse, Michael Kors, and more.
Who We Are:
We believe in the ‘kaizen’ philosophy of continual improvement and that nothing is ever perfect - you just have to keep getting better. Skyscrapers are built brick by brick, as long as everyday we are all contributing that one extra brick, we will build something amazing.
We believe in being a team and we love the word ‘yes’. No question is too silly and no job is beneath any of us. The (sometimes overused) quote ‘Work Hard and Be Nice to People’ pretty much sums up how we would like people to behave at Whalar. You spend a third of your life at work so we want it to be a super fun and inspiring place to be. We expect everyone to be nice to each other and when the going gets tough, we expect you to knuckle down, help each other out and work hard until the job is done.
Your Day-to-Day Work:
This role sits within the fashion, beauty and home team, part of the New York office, and reports directly to the Campaign Manager. The pod is structured as follows:
Commercial Lead + Campaign Lead, Client Manager(s), Client Executive(s).
As a Client Executive, you work closely with your team on existing and new business, servicing clients on Managed Campaigns as well as helping put together proposals for potential new clients. You’re the day-to-day contact for your clients alongside the Client Manager and you are responsible for ensuring they are getting the best possible experience when working with Whalar. You are also the key contact for our Creatives with Influence, managing the relationship with these and ensuring a smooth delivery.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- End-to-end management of campaigns, working into a Client Manager
- Sourcing and engagement of influencers for campaigns according to the specific brief
- Influencer briefing and management
- Management of clients, timings and overall delivery
- Being the gatekeeper of all content that comes through, ensuring it’s on brief and of high quality
- Preparation of campaign performance reports and case studies
- Inputting into proposals for potential new business (particularly influencer suggestions and moodboard)
- Inputting with industry insights and learnings from similar clients
- An inherent and demonstrable interest in the fashion, beauty and advertising industries, with a desire to keep up to date with news and trends and proliferate these to the wider team on a regular basis
- General office admin as required.
- A passion for creativity, and a regular user of Instagram and social media at large.
- Have an intuitive sense of what needs to be done and understanding of client service.
- A self-motivated attitude and eagerness to contribute.
- Degree level educated
- No less than 1 year of client facing experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a can-do attitude
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently, pro-actively seek assignments, prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Google Apps, Word, Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote.
- An avid user of social media, particularly Instagram
Rough office hours are between 9 and 6. Sometimes it will be busy and sometimes it won't. That means if you are busy we would expect you to work the hours needed to get the work done, but if it isn't - go home early.
We’re not counting the days - our holiday policy is unlimited. The catch? Nothing. Just treat yourself, your colleagues and your company with fairness and respect. Make sure there’s been a proper handover of your work, and that you have someone in place to cover anything that may come your way.
- Bonus scheme
- Health Care
- Unlimited annual PTO
If this sounds something you might be interested in, contact me (Blanaid Kenny) through LinkedIn or send an email with your résumé to email@example.com
Banner image produced via Whalar by @lovefola for G Star Raw.