Job Title: Client Manager, DACH
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Berlin (flexible) or London (German native speaker)
Salary: On Request
Whalar is on a mission to ‘Liberate the Creative Voice’ by connecting brands to creators with influence and democratising the creative process. You might have seen some of our work with brands such as Gucci, Nike, Zalando, Volkswagen, Facebook, Universal Music Group, HP and Mozilla. We’re an official marketing partner of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and Twitter and are setting new benchmarks in the influencer marketing space.
In just over 4 years, Whalar has grown from a founding team of 5 in London to now having a team of 90+ incredible people across London, New York, Berlin, Los Angeles, Sydney and Spain. In 2020 Whalar ranked in the Sunday Times top 100 FastTrack list and was cited as one of Ad Week’s top 20 fastest growing agencies globally.
We’ve established ourselves as one of the top thought leaders in the influencer marketing space - known for being the first influencer agency to win a Gold Cannes Lions, publishing the world’s first neuroscience study into influencer marketing and, of course, our high-quality creative work. Whalar does not crowdsource creativity nor does it produce distasteful product endorsements. Whalar is all about commissioned, thoughtful and creative influencer collaborations.
Your Role -> What You’ll Be Doing
Our next chapter in the journey includes the expansion of our international team and we’re looking for a highly creative, culturally immersed individual to join us in Germany. The role will sit in the Client Services team, primarily working across DACH focused campaigns.
As a Client Manager, you serve as the liaison between Whalar, its clients and the talent, guaranteeing excellent campaign management from start to finish. They ensure best-in-class influencer communications and clients are getting the best possible experience when working with Whalar. They develop influencer workflows, campaign timelines as well as support account plans and strategies for client retention and loyalty.
You will work closely with the Managing Director DACH and the Director Client Services on existing and new business, servicing clients on managed campaigns as well as helping to source influencers for proposals for potential new clients. You will run campaigns on Whalar’s proprietary tech platform, including influencer comms, community management, content management and reporting. You will be the key contact for our creators with influence, managing the relationship with them and ensuring a smooth campaign delivery.
● Interaction with the client to inform the influencer strategy and influencer brief
● Community management and influencer/agency relationship building
● Talent discovery and ongoing talent sourcing for new business and live campaigns
● Negotiating and briefing influencers for campaigns according to the specific brief and budget
● Being the gatekeeper of all content that is submitted, ensuring it’s on brief and of Whalar’s standards of quality
● Client related finance management
● Detailed preparation of campaign performance reports and case studies
● Support the Managing Director, Whalar DACH and the Director of Client Services, with account plans, pitches and new business strategies for various clients
● Keeping the wider team up to date with news and trends whilst feeding into ongoing trend research and culture reports
What Makes You Right for This Role?
● German native speaker (must) and excellent written English
● Proactive, productive and positive
● Knowledgeable; expert in the influencer space
● Excellent relationship management with creators and agencies
● A flair for multitasking and managing multiple projects at once
● Passion for unearthing the best quality creators with influence, spanning lifestyle, fashion, photography, artists, illustrators and animators
● Strong understanding of client objectives and brand strategy
● Analytical, with a knack for great logistical planning and acute attention to detail
● Immersed in Culture and Trends (Music, Art, Fashion) & have a creative mindset
● Strong writing skills
● Strong negotiation/communication skills
● Google Workspace (Slides, etc.)
Desirable Qualities, But Not a Deal-Breaker:
● Regular user and deep knowledge of at least two of the following platforms: Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Triller, YouTube
● 2-3 years work experience
● Being an influencer or creator with influence is a plus!
● Basic design skills
To Include Alongside Application
● Please share with us 3x influencer suggestions that you think Whalar should be working with in Germany and why.
● Describe an unmissable social media trend happening right now and provide 2x influencer suggestions showcasing this trend.
When thinking of suggestions, please consider different platforms e.g. Instagram, TikTok and verticals e.g. auto, tech, fashion. Creativity, diversity, compelling influencers with substance are key.
If this sounds something you might be interested in, send an email with your resume and attached materials to firstname.lastname@example.org (Managing Director, Whalar DACH).
Banner content from @willamazing.