We're Hiring | Community Manager, London
Job Title: Community Manager
Work Location: Dog-friendly office in Shoreditch
Manager: Jo Burford, Head of Creator Solutions
Salary: On Request
Start Date: ASAP
Whalar Community Mission
To build long-term genuine relationships with our existing and new influencers on the Whalar platform. You will become our spokesperson for our community and play a crucial role shaping the business.
This is one of the most exciting and important new hires for the business! We are looking for a superstar Community Manager with at least 2 years experience of running a digital community or working within a closely related field. You will LOVE social media and will preferably have a presence across the main social platforms.
Experience at an MCN, platform or social network
Photography, videography and or image editing skills
Spoken German or French language skills
You will immerse yourself into the eco-system of Whalar creators. Your knowledge of popular trends will be important to us as this role demands having a point of view on the latest news in music, fashion, events and even knowing what memes are trending and why.
You will understand in detail how social media platform technology is affecting our community of social media creators and influencers and have creative examples to share with your colleagues. You will be able to give best practice advice to both the community and our team on technology updates and share your insights in presentations and reports. You will be an avid consumer of YouTube and Instagram and know what content is popular on these platforms and who is creating it.
You will bring
• Exceptional attention to detail - you notice the smallest of things
• Strong empathy for the creative mindset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Presenting in-front of large crowds
• Talking to senior business leaders internally at Whalar and at conferences
• In-person to influencers and on DM chat
• Self-starter attitude, you will come with your own ideas and be able to convince the senior team to invest in your plans.
• Budget management skills to project manage spending across
• Exceptional organisation skills to work across multiple cross-team projects with: The Content Team, Commercial Campaign Executives, Creator Solutions & Whalar Stars
• Thrive in a fast paced, modern office atmosphere, bringing your personality, sense of humour and a fun approach to work
• Data driven person
• Insight-lead approach
• Track results
• Build weekly, monthly, quarterly reports
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, send us an email with your covering letter and CV to email@example.com. No agencies please.
Our cacti filled banner is courtesy of @craigowilliams, created for Swoon Editions.
Previous post:We're Hiring | Junior Designer, Singapore