Job Title: Junior Designer
Work Location: Manhattan, New York
Salary: On request
Whalar is ‘liberating the creative voice’ by connecting brands to creators who produce and share exceptional content. You might have seen some of our work with brands such as Diageo, Apple Music, Facebook, Nike, Nespresso, HP and Tommy Hilfiger. We’re a partner of Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, and are setting new benchmarks in the influencer marketing space.
We’re a global team of over 60 people based in London, Spain, Austin, New York and Los Angeles. We have a passion for culture, creativity, social media and new ways of working.
Whalar is seeking a Junior Designer with 1 or more years of experience, a good knowledge of web/print design, design for presentations, retouching skills, video experience and an interest in social media platforms.
In this role you will work alongside our commercial team, campaign team, content team and through our Head Designer (who is based in London). It is a dynamic, high energy, fun, yet fast-paced atmosphere, and the ability to work to deadlines is imperative. The Junior Designer will be involved in all aspects of a project - from concept through to final artwork - either on your own or as part of a team. This varied work will involve offline communications such as client presentations, flyers, brochures, invites, exhibitions and shows; as well as online communications such as landing pages, video work and apps.
The ideal candidate will have a thirst to develop their commercial awareness as well as a creative eye for design. They will also be able to challenge a creative brief and ask the right questions while remaining objective and open to others’ opinions. They will need to follow, but also advance Whalar's branding using their own initiative and style.
- Minimum 1 years’ industry experience
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience using Keynote and Powerpoint
- Ideally educated up to degree level
- Video and animation skills would be an added bonus
- A creative eye for the web, empathy for users and are technically competent
- Strong print design skills and attention to detail
- A creative mind, and are comfortable illustrating and creating artwork
- Proactive mindset, quick thinking and able to work calmly under pressure
- A general understanding of / interest in creative technology, and willingness to learn
- Can-do attitude
- A problem solving nature - able to work with other team members to resolve issues quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills - with the ability to multi-task, handle tight deadlines & be adaptable and flexible to changes in priorities
- A fast learner, who enjoys soaking up knowledge from those around you whilst being comfortable collaborating with others
We’re not counting the days. The catch? Nothing. Just treat yourself, your colleagues and your company with fairness and respect. Make sure there’s been a proper handover of your work, and that you have someone in place to cover anything that may come your way.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working
- Bonus scheme
If this sounds something you might be interested in, send an email with your portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Banner content from @georgiestclair