Job Title: Junior Designer
Salary: On Request
Whalar is seeking a Junior-Level Designer, with a good knowledge of web / print design, design for presentations, retouching skills, ideally some video experience and an interest in social media platforms.
In this role, you will work alongside our campaign team, copywriters and through our Head Designer. It is a friendly but fast-paced atmosphere and ability to work to deadlines in imperative. The Graphic Designer will be involved in all aspects of a project - from concept through to final artwork - either on your own or as part of a team. We are mainly seeking support for presentations and proposals, but this varied work may involve anything in online communications such as landing pages, video work and apps to offline communications such as flyers, brochures, invites or even exhibitions and shows.
The ideal candidate will have a thirst to develop their commercial awareness as well as a creative eye for design. They will also be able to challenge a creative brief and ask the right questions while remaining objective and open to others’ opinions. They will also need to follow, but also advance Whalar's branding using initiative and taste.
Experience needed for the Graphic Designer role:
• Minimum 2 years’ industry experience
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite/ Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Experience of using Google Slides, Keynote and Powerpoint
• Ideally educated up to degree level
Person Specification for the Graphic Designer role:
• Creative eye for the web, empathy for users and technically competent
• Strong print design skills and attention to detail
• A creative thinker, comfortable illustrating and creating artwork
• Proactive, quick thinking and able to work calmly under pressure
• A general understanding of/interest in creative technology, and willingness to learn
• Can-do attitude
• A problem-solving nature - able to work with other team members to resolve issues quickly
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills - with the ability to multi-task, handle tight deadlines & be adaptable and flexible to changes in priorities
• A fast learner, who enjoys soaking up knowledge from those around you whilst being comfortable collaborating with others
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, send us an email with your covering letter and CV to email@example.com. No agencies please.
Banner content from @anniset