We're Hiring | Research & Analytics Manager, EMEA
Job Title: Research & Analytics Manager, EMEA
Work Location: London
Salary: On request
Report: SVP, Research & Analytics
Start Date: April 1st
We’re looking for a brilliant Research & Analytics Manager to help us continue to lead the influencer market. Our clients look to us to provide data-driven, authoritative research demonstrating influencer’s value and the role it plays within the broader marketing mix. You’ll support the Commercial, Product and Community and Business Strategy teams, managing Whalar’s proprietary and unique datasets and using third party data providers. At the heart of the role is deciphering the story that lies in the data to create compelling support for campaign pitches and insightful campaign reports, and to answer complex client questions.
You’ll probably be currently working at a major brand, tech start-up, or research agency in a research or insight role, or maybe you’ll be a research superstar in an adjacent space (media, search, academia). Either way - you’ll be an innovative, data-driven researcher who is keen to transfer your experience into influencer marketing, where you can really take the lead and make a difference. If you want to work in an agile start-up which is leading the way understanding the rapidly growing, hugely complex and endlessly interesting influencer space, we’d love to learn what makes you Whalar!
Influencer marketing has recently exploded, becoming a $2bn industry in 2018 and set to grow to $10bn in 2022. While money is pouring into the space and marketers are reporting anecdotally that influencer is working, there remains a huge opportunity to lead the way in the creation of insight for the influencer space. None of the big questions have yet been answered, and this role will be key in Whalar setting the standard for influencer selection and evaluation for the industry. Few times, if ever, in a career do you have the opportunity to shape an industry – this is one of those times.
- As with any modern business, roles and responsibilities will evolve but here’s a rundown of expectations as they stand today:
- Write and present insight for end of campaign reports.
- Provide strategic support, audience analysis and positioning insight for pitches and client business reviews. Respond to ad hoc client requests combining Whalar’s proprietary data sets with insight derived from third parties. Assist in the creation of a unique influencer fraud detection system Work with the SVP, Research & Analytics to define, source and implement thought-leading studies with third-party research companies Work with the SVP, Research & Analytics to engage leading academics, commissioning world-first research.
You must have:
- 4+ years of working experience in an insight or research role (technology, marketing or media environment preferable).
- Experience drawing together insight from large data sets and research studies to create one coherent story (telling stories from data!).
- Experience communicating complex ideas and conclusions in a clear and meaningful way that people from all functions can understand, both orally and in writing.
- Experience managing multiple projects, multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities simultaneously.
You must be:
- Proactive - going above and beyond the call of duty to wow with data!
- Collaborative - able to work effectively with multiple departments globally
- Adaptable - able to flourish in a rapidly growing tech company
- Organised - able to manage a variety of tasks and changing priorities
- Detail-oriented - able to produce documents to a professional standard
- Friendly - able to work in a team and open to new challenges
Education & Qualifications
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- The WOW Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Speak a second (or third, or forth...) language: EMEA languages preferable.
- Have experience writing articles for industry magazines and/or presenting at a conference.
- Holiday: We aren’t counting the days, just treat your team fairly.
- Equity: For every year you work at Whalar you will be given Share options in the business.
- Bonus Scheme: We operate a profit share scheme.
- Health and Pension: Yes, after 4-month probation.
If this sounds something you might be interested in, send an email with your CV to email@example.com
*Banner content from @caroline_south*
Previous post:We're Hiring | Visual Production Assistant, London
Next post:Whalar Win at Le Book Connections West Coast