Job Title: Finance Assistant
Work Location: Shoreditch, London
Salary: On request
We are seeking a Finance Assistant to join us in our busy London office to support the Finance team. This role will interact with all teams within the company and also external contacts. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, and wants to be part of an exciting and fast paced company.
Whalar is ‘liberating the creative voice’ by connecting brands to creators with influence who produce and share exceptional content. You might have seen some of our work with brands such as Diageo, Apple Music, Bang & Olufsen, Baileys, Nespresso, Magnum and Dubai Tourism. We’re a partner of Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, and are setting new benchmarks in the influencer marketing space.
We’re a team of 60 people globally based in London, Spain, Austin, New York and Los Angeles. We have a passion for culture, creativity, social media and new ways of working. This year, we hosted the first ever Influencer Gallery at Cannes Lions which highlighted Whalar’s focus on high quality creative.
Your Day-to-Day Work
The Finance assistant role is working closely with the AR/Credit Controller and Financial Controller and reports directly to the AR/Credit Controller.
- Assisting with AR and Credit Control; liaison with Whalar Stars team for invoicing and dealing with queries.
- Accounts Payable; Expenses and Credit Card reconciliations on a weekly basis.
-Day-to-day finance tasks such as Bank Reconcilliations
- Some office management
- Assist with month-end
- Assist with the external accountants queries
- 2 years finance experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Be used to multi-tasking
- Excel experience e.g. Vlookup and Sumifs.
- Flexible approach and can-do attitude
- Xero experience would be ideal
As a Finance Assistant, you work closely with the campaign team and the rest of the company to help out with Finance queries. Whalar is in a strong growth phase and we are looking for a candidate that can progress in this role.
Rough office hours are between 9 and 6.
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working
- Private medical insurance and Health Cash plan
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, send us an email with your covering letter and CV to email@example.com. No agencies please.